Canship Ugland Ltd has established and maintains documented OHS&E objectives to reflect the companies short and long term aspirations. These objectives provide direction for setting targets and are reviewed each year in the annual management review.
Canship Ugland objectives include.
- Compliance with the law and continuous improvement in the fields of health, safety and environmental performance.
- The upholding of an accountability culture onboard managed vessels and in the office.
- A commitment to prevent injury, illness and pollution whenever possible and to critically analyze any such occurrence to prevent their recurrence.
- Management is committed to working with and supporting occupational health and safety committees both ashore and onboard in accordance with the Canada Labor Code Part II and MOSH.
- To meet or exceed the requirements as stated in the following code and standards:
- ISM Code
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- ISO 50001:2011
- OHSAS 18001:2007
- Where applicable to follow the guidance laid out in industry best practice and other codes to which the company subscribes.
- A commitment to critically analyze our operation and provide the best possible service to our customers / clients.